The Arkham Detective Agency is a fictional business created by American author C. J. Henderson as a plot device for his Arkham Detective Agency series of short stories. It has since been expanded upon by other authors.
Upon retirement from the New York Police Department, former detectives Frank Nardi, Tony Balnco, Mark Berkenwald and Galtoni formed their own private investigations firm, choosing the New England town of Arkham as their base of operations as no other company offered those particular types of services in the area. Shortly afterwards, the partners began to awaken to the fact that not all was exactly as it seemed in Arkham, and in a bid to capitalise on the wealth of the local populace started to accept contracts with a more supernatural twist to them; for example, performing house cleansing services for homeowners, and the acquisition of occult artefacts for collectors.
- Jonny Thunstone
- Eddie Suarez
- Werner (formerly, deceased)
- Glaser (formerly, deceased)
- Madame Renee, spiritualist and medium
- Tisha Hewitt, former reporter turned ghost-hunter
- In one story, Frank Nardi reflects that one of the reasons that they chose Arkham as the location for their business was one of the local restaurants, an establishment called Miflin's.