Resurrected by the same entity which murdered him in Arkham's Miskatonic University, Tony Balnco attempts to track down his former partner Frank Nardi with a view to killing his old acquaintance. However, Nardi is able to turn the tables on Balnco and shoots him dead instead, giving the tortured soul a measure of closure in the process.
- Tony Balnco, a former NYPD cop-turned-private eye, now a revenant on the hunt for his former friend.
- Frank Nardi, also a former NYPD cop, now a private investigator in the town of Arkham.
- Straub, the proprietor of a self-storage business, killed by Balnco.
- The Entity, a mysterious shapeshifter with unknown motives who pushes Balnco to murder his old friend.
Behind the Mythos
"Closure" was written by Glynn Owen Barrass in response to a request by Brian M. Sammons for stories revolving around C. J. Henderson's hard-boiled private detective Frank Nardi. It was published in the collection Arkham Detective Agency by Dark Regions Press in 2017.
- The story is set in the iconic town of Arkham.
- The entity is in fact the Outer God Nyarlathotep, referring to one of its other names being The Crawling Chaos.
The Arkham Detective Agency Series
|"The Idea of Fear" • "Cruelty" • "The Nest of Pain" • "Slaves for the Slaughter Sect" • "Call and Response" • "Miskatonic Contradance" • "Family Tradition" • "Light a Candle, Curse the Darkness" • "Il Segno Giallo" • "Echo of a Distant Scream" • "Closure" • "Witch Fire" • "Bonanza" • "Reeling Back" • "Those Folk Below" • "She Wore a Trench Coat" • "Clear the Air" • "A Walk in the Shadows" • "A Pleasure in Madness"|