Curse of the Mutants' is an event in the X-Men comics which occurred involved several X-Men comic book series.
Dracula's son detonates a bomb in San Francisco full of vampire-infected blood. Leading the vampire sects of the world, including those of R'llyeh, he leads a vampire army against the mutant sanctuary island of Utopia.
Issues of Curse of the Mutants
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga
- Death of Dracula (prologue)
- X-Men Vol 3 #1-6, #11
- Namor: The First Mutant Vol 1 #1-4
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants - Blade
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants - Storm & Gambit
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants - X-Men vs Vampires Vol 1 #1-2
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants - Smoke & Blood
- Deadpool Vol 2 #30-31
- Wolverine and Jubilee Vol 1 #1-4
The vampires of Marvel Earth are part of the Mythos. Being created by the Darkhold (the source of the Necronomicon), which was created by Chthon, an Old One. The Darkhold not only has a spell which creates vampires but one that destroys them. Vampires have used the Darkhold to enhance themselves and Dracula, the Lord of Vampires was himself destroyed and restored by the Darkhold, and has used it to increase his powers.