Consisting of five standalone scenarios, Doors to Darkness is specifically designed to help ease new Keepers into running games of Call of Cthulhu. All of the maps and handouts necessary to play are provided, as well as a set of ten pre-generated Investigators to enable quick-start games. Also included is an article by veteran games designer Kevin Ross featuring a range of hints and tips on being a successful Keeper. Doors to Darkness runs to a total of 144 pages.
- "The Darkness Beneath the Hill" by Christopher Smith Adair: “A house renovation in Providence, Rhode Island lures the investigators into ancient earthly secrets.”
- "Genius Loci" by Brian Courtemanche: “The investigators explore the Danvers State Asylum in a desperate attempt to help a friend in need.”
- "Servants of the Lake" by Glynn Owen Barrass: “Pursuit of a missing friend finds the investigators sequestered in a roadside motel where not all is as it seems.”
- "Ties That Bind" by Tom Lynch: “Strange rock formations appear in the fountain of a wealthy Arkham resident, leading to a wellspring of forbidden knowledge.”
- "None More Black" by Brian M. Sammons: “The death of a Miskatonic University student leads the investigators into unsavory neighborhoods and dark business dealings.”
First published by Chaosium in 2016, Doors to Darkness was released in both full-colour hardback and digital PDF editions.