When Frank Nardi receives a call for help from an old musician acquaintance, he hears the story of a genius composer whose music causes those who play it to commit suicide. Ultimately unable to save his friend, a furious Nardi leaves the composer to die by his own hand as an offering for the god to whom his music was dedicated.
- Frank Nardi, former NYPD Detective turned private eye.
- Isabella Andora, accomplished cellist and Frank's old friend.
- Gio Pastore, a young and exceptionally gifted composer, but also a practitioner of dark magic.
Behind the Mythos
"Il Segno Giallo" was written by David Dunwoody at a request by Brian M. Sammons for a story based around PI Frank Nardi. It was published in November 2017 by Dark Regions Press in the anthology Arkham Detective Agency.
- The story is set in H. P. Lovecraft's legendary town of Arkham.
- One of the notes used frequently in Pastore's composition is described as "like an eye with malformed arms splayed about it." This description appears to match that of the Yellow Sign of Hastur; additionally, the title of the story, il segno giallo, translates into English as the yellow sign.
The Arkham Detective Agency Series
|"The Idea of Fear" • "Cruelty" • "The Nest of Pain" • "Slaves for the Slaughter Sect" • "Call and Response" • "Miskatonic Contradance" • "Family Tradition" • "Light a Candle, Curse the Darkness" • "Il Segno Giallo" • "Echo of a Distant Scream" • "Closure" • "Witch Fire" • "Bonanza" • "Reeling Back" • "Those Folk Below" • "She Wore a Trench Coat" • "Clear the Air" • "A Walk in the Shadows" • "A Pleasure in Madness"|