Merge parts of the contents
- Merge what parts? Do the same to the pages I created for the "Many-Angled One" pages of the Atrocity Archives and 2000 AD, the Great Old One page of Doctor Who, the Elder God page of IDW, the Dark One page of Dynamite, and the Old One page of Wonderland? Personally I don't have a problem doing so. Reason I created the page, is that the Many-Angled Ones first appeared in Zenith (2000 AD). In addition their history is also different than that of the canon Old Ones. Not to mention, that their is much debate as to whether the Many-Angled Ones / Old Ones of Marvel should be in the Cthulhu Mythos (canon, expanded, adjacent, etc).Esparza3368 (talk) 12:25, January 2, 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, forgot to answer. And sorry for the lack of precision in my message: I'm talking about the Marvel part.
- A mention/section here is needed indeed, but I consider we shouldn't separate the Marvel's Many Old Ones from the Great Old Ones as they are the same (their early history is pretty much compatible with the original Old Ones), and they are not a strict counterpart to the Lloigor, but a namesake (similarly, they are named "Undying Ones", but we don't merge their pages in any way. It's also the problem I have my own Marvel Database Ancients page, which is a patchfork of mentions of "Ancients", given the lack of information).
- Also, listing the Strange Tales' Old Ones doesn't seems right as they are possibly Lesser Old Ones (who don't seems to be at the same rank than the MAO, closer to Shuma-Gorath's level (by "level", I mean cosmic scale))(that's speculation though).
- I've made the following edits:
- Moved the Marvel's MAO's aliases to Great Old One.
- Clarified the distinction between the out-of-universe section of the page and the in-universe (itself divided by versions)
- Expanded the out-of-universe section to clarify everything (though I haven't the detail on The Laundry Files).
- Removed the pictures that weren't about Many-Angled Ones (either not MAO at all, or irrelevant, as the Marvel MAO are currently only in the space/cosmic adventures).
- Undoniel (talk) 16:11, 25 October 2020 (UTC)
I'm also removing most of the ties between the MAO/GAO to Chthon/Set on those basis:
- I'm unsure I was right to add Set/Satha to the Old Ones based on his name. A simple mention in notes or as a paragraph in "Representatives" (like for w:c:marvel:Ancients (Demons)) seems more correct given it appears now to me (well I though of it for some time) it's more of a title, much like (and especially relevant here) "Set, the Old Serpent".
- Their Old Ones/Great Old Ones (and not Many-Angled Ones) status is both the fact of one mention, but they are still recognized first for being Elder Gods.
Undoniel (talk) 18:42, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
I didn't get the "In the process they retconned the backstory of various eldritch, Lovecraftian entities, bringing a more Lovecraftian touch to the Multiverse." sentence : what entities were retconned, and how? Undoniel (talk) 07:18, January 2, 2020 (UTC)