Could someone explain how this relates to either Lovecraft or the Cthulhu Mythos? Thanks.
- It's been retconned that several enemies of Doctor Who such as the Great Intelligence, Fermic, and the Animus are actually Great Old Ones. In the case of the Great Intelligence, he's actually Yog-Sothoth. Robot Yeti are robots created by the Great Intelligence, which is why I included it in the wiki except as objects since they are not a species but technological constructs.Esparza3368 (talk) 03:53, October 20, 2019 (UTC)
- I can confirm. Doctor Who had a few villains that were explained in the expanded universe as being Great Old Ones / Elder Gods. In its 60's stories the Great Intelligence had Yeti underlings that were actually robots controlled by Intelligence spheres. The retcons are as follow:
- Animus is Lloigor
- Great Intelligence is Yog-Sothoth
- Nestene is related to Shub-Niggurath
- Fenric is Hastur the Unspeakable
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.